Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Profile Design - great customer service

After bonking during my Wildflower Long Course training ride in spring 2007, I bought a Profile Design Aqua Rack. It doubled the number of water bottles my bike can carry.

The 'Rack served me well until the evening of Wednesday April 2nd 2008. I was pedaling through traffic on Marina Boulevard when a bump sent one of my bottles flying. The bottle survived several near misses before being crushed by a car tire in a lemony, limey, Gatorade-filled explosion. I wasn't too concerned until I discovered the reason - the rubber band that held the bottle in place had snapped and its partner was badly frayed. The opening mile and a half of the bike leg at Wildflower's Long Course is rough riding - there was little chance that rack-mounted water bottles would stay put unless securely fastened...

The following day I called Profile Design. Fred was very helpful and offered to ship replacement bands free of charge. On Wednesday April 9th they arrived from Profile Design's Long Beach office. The USPS cost was $6.25. That's very impressive support for a product that retails for $30! Thank you Profile Design!

No comments: