Sunday, July 10, 2011

Pacific Masters Swimming - 9th & 10th July 2011

After enjoying the 2010 event, I returned in 2011 for the Pacific Masters Long course Championships at UC Santa Cruz. (It's a 50 meter pool despite that some of the headers claim yards).

Unfortunately I got a mild throat, sinus, and lung infection about 10 days prior to the competition; and an upset stomach the work-week before race-weekend. (The latter might have been due to nerves, or gorging on fine food and drink at a Sonoma wedding on July 3rd). I also had a nose bleed the day before.

In spite of imperfect preparation, colder & damper weather, and a lower turnout than in 2010, I enjoyed the weekend.
Official Results. Official splits. Official Points (pdf).

Videos: 100m free, 400m medley relay.

Thoughts for next time:
  • Don't sandbag entry times (as much).
  • Wear SPF clothing and sunscreen - my pasty white shoulders and back sunburned through my sweater!

No comments: